Thursday 27 January 2011

Days Out, Days In

Had another little day trip yesterday, this time to New Milton and the south coast. I was accompanying a friend who was running errands, but the day had been structured to take food and touristy wandering into account, with the option of some stargazing after dark, if the weather allowed.

We didn't get through as much as we'd hoped, but the day was still quite a fulfilling one. Just getting down to the seafront for a few minutes, as the light faded and the temperature dropped, was amazing... and, going against the traffic, it's less than a couple of hours from London...

On the way in the morning, we stopped off in a small town - Lyndhurst, I think - for a quick browse and a brunch of toasted teacakes and hot chocolate. Later on, we had lunch in a nice little restaurant (can't remember the name, or exactly where it was... we passed through lots of small towns and my memory for names is terrible), before heading off for the main errand.

It was completely overcast almost all day, though, save for a brief break in the clouds mid-afternoon. Once the sun set, it became obvious that we wouldn't be seeing any stars, so tracks were made back to London.

In other news, my eHarmony experience is proving to be roundly positive... But that's all I'm a-sayin' for the moment.

My sister is coming into town with her daughter for the weekend - appointment at Great Ormond Street, then fun times with the family. I'll be popping over on Saturday and, since I haven't done much with today - other than failing to get one of my other projects onto Facebook - that leaves me with a day to kill tomorrow. I may go into town to visit London Zoo, or the Tower of London... or I may laze about again.

Had an email from one of my employment agency contacts, with a contract position... it's well placed, but not particularly well paid... and it's a six month contract. I could do it, and I've asked to be included in the running, but also sent the details to a couple of former colleagues who might be more interested in the placement than I.

No comments: