Monday 10 January 2011

Alternating Currents (In The Air)

One of these days, I may well look into meteorology in a vaguely serious way. Probably not anytime soon, but recent weather hereabouts has been very confusing: it's alternating, day by day, between cloudy and sunny, and has been for the last few days.

This is set to change by the end of the week, it would appear... the BBC website's weather page reckons heavy rain by the end of the week.

I finally managed to do some tidying up in the flat yesterday - getting up to date on the laundry, the washing up and the vacuuming. Of course, it probably won't take long before it all piles up again, but at least I'm done for now. The lounge, in particular, looks tidier than it has in ages... though the coffee table is still a bit of a mess.

As a byproduct of this, however, there are even more boxes in the bedroom. What I really need to do is either collapse them all and stow them away, or decide which I can just dispose of and recover the space that way. Either is perfectly doable but, while my wardrobe is still full of my father's tools, I haven't an accurate idea of how much space I have, so I'm loathe to do anything just yet.

Next time my folks are over, I really must talk to them about that wardrobe... I'd imagine it's full of tools that my father doesn't need regularly, which is why they're still at my place... but, grateful as I am for all the work they've put in to making my flat truly mine, they really need to get their stuff out.

No comments: