Sunday 23 January 2011

Human Again

No, not continuing to witter on about my apparent return from 'teh mopiez', I refer of course to the new series of Being Human.

And, by God, if I've substituted 'teh mopiez' for 'teh weepies' I shall be so cross. Mitchell's little trip into Purgatory to rescue Annie was so well done, I almost wanted to see him tortured more, just to see more of who he was before he confessed it himself. Lacey Turner, fresh from EastEnders, performed brilliantly in a role which, while predictable and seemingly written for one purpose only, never once strayed into cliché. Normally, Soap actors tend to go from bland role to bland role, offering up bland performances every time. I just hope she doesn't get typecast in future because of her accent... assuming she really talks anything like that...

George and Nina continue to explore the new complications in their relationship, but the sweet scene between them near the start, where a spontaneous night of the intention of passion goes so terribly awry, was hilariously familiar.

And so the new arc begins... Laughs, shocks and thrills to come, in equal measure... and I really cannot understand why this brilliant show is still only on BBC3 on a Sunday night. By its third series, the Beeb should have far more confidence in it.

No comments: