Friday 28 March 2008

Better than expected

When all was said and done, my magazine went out quite smoothly today... It became markedly easier once the property section was sorted out yesterday, but therein lies another story.

My senior designer took the day off with - quote - a stinking cold, despite the fact that he's only in the office two days a week. I'm not sure things would have been any better if he had been in. I am sure that he won't volunteer to come in tomorrow to make up for it. Really, as far as I'm concerned, he's making himself utterly redundant.

The speech I delivered for my departing designer was described by one Classified rep as "beautiful". That may be something of an exaggeration, but those who commented all seemed to agree that it was a good speech. It's the second time I've ever had to deliver one (the first having been my boss from about three years ago) and, despite the fact that I wasn't actually that keen on this designer, I did find my voice wavering as I spoke.

The idea of me delivering a speech was evidently a source of great mirth for one salesman, though. I have no idea what he said, but he emailed an apology afterward. Completely insincere and unbelievable but, hey, he's a salesman.

Didn't go down the pub with them after work but, following an utterly pitiful collection around the office, I parted with another £20 because the MD 'forgot' to put money behind the bar as he'd agreed.

I had considered rushing straight home to pack for the weekend trip to Memorabilia but, as it turned out, it was lucky I didn't - when my boss and I arrived at the Chiropractor for her massage appointment, I learned that I also had a massage appointment straight after. Not that it's on my appointment card, or anything useful like that...

No comments: