Friday 7 January 2011

Sinking

And now I'm beginning to get depressed...

The first sign was a slightly over-the-top reaction to misplacing the slip of paper the Pharmacist handed me to confirm that I was owed the remainder of my supply of Lansoprazole. I checked my wallet, I checked the two coats I've used in the last couple of days, I rummaged around on my coffee table, in my bedside chest of drawers, in the miscellaneous piles of crap that tend to accrue wherever I am, and even looked in the bathroom cabinet... And then very nearly broke down in tears.

Eventually I found the bloody thing in the plastic bag I'd carried the prescription home in - I'd put the slip of paper in there despite having already removed the box of capsules, and despite having decided to keep it somewhere safe and sensible once I'd got home. Putting it back into a disposable plastic bag ain't my idea of safe and sensible, so I can only conclude I was in a rush, or had planned to move it elsewhere and just forgotten.

Still, I popped down the road - my only excursion today, because it's been raining a lot - and picked up the remaining box of capsules. The pharmacist asked how it was going (pretty good - my cough is definitely improving again)... his assistant asked me to confirm my address (jobsworth - I'd only been in there a couple of days ago)...

I'm quite impressed by my local pharmacist - not only are they well stocked on the essentials, but they have all kinds of things one might normally have to go to Boots or Superdrug for. Overall, my local shops are pretty awesome.

Even that sure knowledge didn't cheer me up, though... when I got home again, I basically went straight to bed, and wasted a good three or four hours napping. There goes my early night tonight - I won't be tired.

Had another go at WiiFit Plus earlier and, no surprises, it's a lot more sensible once the Balance Board is facing the right way. Tried a tiny bit of Yoga and a couple of the aerobic exercises, but it really does look as though I don't have enough space to make the best of it... and it's rhythm action 'stepping' game is just as unfathomable as every other rhythm action game I've ever tried. It's supposed to help one improve their rhythm... good luck finding mine, Nintendo.

After that, I picked up one of the older games, Twilight Princess, and tried doggedly (no pun intended) to get through the first part where Link has been turned in to a wolf. I think my problem, when I first got stuck in the sewers, was that I didn't realise that one can only attack monsters when out of the water... and I was trying to fight while swimming. It does strike me as something of an oversight that combat is not available while the wolf is swimming, but I'm sure the designers had their reasons.

In the end, I managed to progress quite a way - getting back into 'human' form before calling it a day.

And speaking of calling it a day, it's now twenty past ten... I'll probably turn in soon, despite my nap earlier. I've barely eaten today - another sure sign of depression - and I don't want to be up too late, wasting what little bandwidth I have left... Though I may try again to purchase a top-up...

No comments: