Sunday 21 September 2008

A Lightbulb Moment

Here's me, trying yet again to figure out how to refresh my website's Collections section to make it easier to update, and I'm wondering how on earth I can add things quickly and simply to the myriad subsections within the TransFormers part alone.

How can I arrange it so that I'm not messing around with HTML tables every time, adding cells, correcting the formatting, adding photos from Photobucket, typing text, then going back and forth between working view and preview mode just to make sure the formatting is still working.

Then it occurs to me.

I have a blog.

How easy would it be to set up a second blog purely for my TransFormers collection?

Pretty easy, as it happens. A click here, a click there. I don't even need to set up a new account. I only need a new account because I don't want any connection between this blog and my website, but I do want to link between the toy blog and my website.

Each 'review' would be a new entry, and they'd be sorted by adding tags. Could it be any easier?

That works very nicely, thank you.

I can even have full-size photos linked to the text... and wouldn't even have to sift through my back catalogue - I can take new photos as and when I please, and start with the new stuff then work my way back.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: