Monday 6 February 2012

You Realise, Of Course, This Means War...

Or, at the very least, it's a serious kick in my figurative behind be being so bloody lazy with my writing.

Over the weekend, I kept seeing this 'news summary' on whichever channel it was that had a news summary in every ad break. One of the stories was that Tulisa Contostavlos is publishing an autobiography "and there's more..." because she's apparently written two novels as well.

Now, I know no ill of Tulisa, nor does she strike me as illiterate, unlike certain other celebrity 'authors'... But I've got at least 1 book's worth of 'short' stories in note form, with potential for another two collections, then a trilogy knocking about in my head that features another trilogy of metafiction, plus a whole TV series worth of Torchwood reboot, and assorted other crap... and yet I'm nowhere near making anything publishable, while Tulisa will soon have three books actually on the shelves.

I should probably just disconnect my internet and phones and just force myself to do some bloody writing.

In other news, my bank contacted me today because of a dodgy looking payment request on my debit card. I didn't recognise it, so they've cancelled that card and I'm expecting a new one in a couple of days. Strangely, it wasn't a huge payment that aroused their suspicion - it was one of those $1 charges that are often just used to confirm that bank details are valid. Thing is, it was a $1 charge to some New York-based something or other... And that really is suspicious.

No comments: