Wednesday 23 December 2009

Obviously not doing enough lately...

What is it with me and staying up into the early hours of the morning? Seriously, I should probably take a long walk somewhere tomorrow, because I'm just not getting tired, and I can't sleep.

It's OK if there's a late night horror movie or something but, lately, I'm just awake.

My only trip out was a brief sojourn into Harrow, where I went looking for an additional Christmas present, and a small, high table so I can have my phone in the hall, rather than the bedroom, making it rather more easily accessible wherever I am in the flat.

Since Argos had a suitable table, I was tempted to make use of some of their half-price TransFormers offers. Masterpiece Skywarp was a bit of a no-brainer - the MP F-15 mold is awesome... but does this mean I'll have to get MP Thundercracker if it becomes available over here?

The repaint is not bad, but it is rather heavy on undetailed black. I may have to refer to the cartoon and/or other artwork and add some more silver or white here and there. The very dark metallic colour is excellent, though sparse, and the so-dark-they're-almost-invisible Decepticon insignias on his wings are just perfect. What I don't understand is why they painted stripes on the undersides of his wings... I'm glad it's not as glossy as the promo shots of the Japanese version... but plain black plastic is pretty dull.

I managed to pass on RotF Supreme Devastator, even at half price - far more reasonable than the normal pricetag, but still not something I fancy buying. I don't have room for it, and it'd be far too tempting to start repaining it all.

Ultimate Bumblebee also got away from me this time. I may change my mind at a later date (I'm sure they'll reduce the price again) but, for now, it's another large TransFormer I can do without.

All this came about because the planned trip to PC World with my mother got cancelled in the morning. She have visited her mother as usual, and decided to stay for the afternoon. My grandmother has been unwell lately and, while it seems she's getting better, she's also become far less inclined to feed herself unless there's someone watching/joining her.

The PC hunt may be on today, depending on the weather... but I won't be surprised if it gets postponed again. Not a big deal, as my current machine is behaving itself as well as can be expected...

No comments: