Friday 18 December 2009

All Done For The Year

My last magazine of 2009 went to press with remarkably little fuss, at about 4.15pm today.

What little fuss there was came about because one of the idiot Salespeople cannot tell the difference between a 'Promised Position' and a 'Comment' when booking her ads. The former should be self-explanatory, and that's the information I see when working on the flatplan. The latter is merely what it implies.

Were it not for their stupidity (and if they could actually sell better) we might have been finished by about 3-3.30pm, which is when the last bit of Editorial got signed off. I estimated a finishing time of "just after 4pm", so we weren't too badly off.

I stayed behind a while to tidy my desk and start the process of making an online edition of the magazine, and had a nice, smooth journey home.

My boss, meanwhile, was snowed in at home and - going by the number of times she called - turning a little stir-crazy. Her last day is Monday, when the very last magazine of the year goes to press, but my counterpart on the other team is working till Christmas Eve. He's had the last few days off ever since our respective companies merged, so I figured it was about time I gave myself some extra time off.

No comments: