Monday 21 December 2009

Well, that went better than expected...

Bar transport, of course. Getting uptown was a chore thanks to the newly-reorganised 'Circle' line (which is now a short spiral, not a circle) and delays caused by a trespasser on the tracks near King's Cross Station but, once I got to High Street Kensington, the shopping couldn't have been simpler.

Well, that isn't entirely true either - thanks to the Wholefoods shop in the old Barkers building, I was rather spoiled for choice... but I managed to pick out some booze, cheese and sweeties suitable for my folks. Even managed to buy a hamper to store them in the same shop.

And there was me thinking I'd be dashing back and forth between Wholefoods, Marks & Sparks and some of the smaller shops along the parade.

Of course, the downside was that I was overburdened with Christmas shopping pretty much straight away, when I'd tentatively planned to pop into Waterstones and Argos to pick up supplementary presents, and a couple of things for myself.

Tomorrow, I shall probably be popping out shopping with my mother, who is buying me a new laptop, to replace my current, much-beleaguered Dell. It's either going to be a new Dell, or a Toshiba - both performance machines, either more than adequate for my purposes.

Whichever one I get, I shall not be getting anything by Symantec or McAfee pre-installed. Horrible, horrible suites of software that infest one's system with Bloatware.

Having trouble deciding whether or not I want to pick up the recent live action GI Joe movie... One the one hand, I preferred it to Revenge of the Fallen (which I have bought), while on the other, it was a far more blatant toy commercial, and seemed slower-paced.

I probably will... Sienna Miller as The Baroness, and all that...

No comments: