Thursday 27 December 2007

Returning to normality

Mother's Mother has returned home and, despite the suggestion that she might be staying over again tonight, the spare room has returned to its normal state. Following the 'visit' this morning, I'm glad of that in so many ways... It wasn't mentioned at all this morning, so either she just didn't mention it, or she'd already forgotten it. I'm happy to leave it, either way.

...But, the story goes, she will be heading to Swindon with my folks to visit my sister and her husband in their own digs. Apparently she seemed very keen each time it was mentioned (or, as my mother put it, "each time I reminded her") and she's not been to their new place, so I can understand why she'd want to go... but I can also see that it's going to be a terrible journey for her. Even when we reserved seats, we had to stand on one outward journey because the seats were double-booked. The idea of her having to stand for a couple of hours journey isn't a pleasant one, and I can see her getting quite upset. Then, when they arrive, she'll have to contend with a three storey house, with nothing but staircases joining the floors. She used to live in a bungalow, then moved to a flat in a block with a lift. She has enough trouble with our staircase - having to cope with more isn't going to be good for her, unless they let her sleep on the ground floor (in the dining room?)... Still, it's her granddaughter's new house.

I, on the other hand, will be remaining at home... Hopefully getting a few things done, but probably not. Today I spent reading, watching Beast Machines and TransFormers movie featurettes, and surfing the internet... Big news (comparatively speaking) is that the 2008 TransFormers Collectors' Club exclusives have been officially announced: The Seacons were more or less confirmed months ago (bar the behind-the-scenes legal arrangements), but the 'fan favourite' is none other than...

*Drum roll...*

Nightbeat (ta-dah!)

All things considered, I really wouldn't call that a no-brainer choice. He was one of the 'Headmasters Junior', was only released as Nightbeat in the US and UK (in Japan, 'he' was Minerva/Minelba, a female transformer who was a Red Cross Porsche (obviously)) and, as far as I was concerned, Nightbeat played a very small role in all things TransFormers - he was a Cybertronian detective... literally, a gumshoe. Still, they're using a mold I didn't pick up from the Energon line, so I may buy him. Of course, factoring in that I didn't buy it because it wasn't a very good model, and that he's such a strange character, there's a very good chance that I won't...

...And I'm still not sure about the Seacons.

No comments: