Tuesday 25 December 2007

Playing catch-up

So much crap has happened since the last post. I started writing about that, but it was all too depressing. Hey, it's Christmas Day, for crying out loud. I don't want to depress myself unnecessarily.

So, briefly, in the New Year I shall be looking for a new job. The pathetic, selfish, lazy good-for-nothings I work with have defeated my optimism, and I cannot carry on with them any more. Idle degree-educated wastrels, who think the world owes them a living.

In many ways, I have no reason to leave... So many things have gone well for me there over the last couple of years, and the potential is still huge. But I feel I have given so much (time, effort, loyalty) and they have given so very little... but they expect so much. Not 'in return', even. They expect their rewards up front. Even those who have cost the company thousands in their mistakes are baying for more money in their pockets. Their attitudes and 'work ethic' are so alien to me, I cannot imagine they'll ever understand how wrong they are.

Better, for me, to get out as soon as I can, and let them realise their folly in their own time.

No comments: