Tuesday 25 December 2007

A Startling Retraction

Only probably not startling at all.

The thing about collecting TransFormers is that there's always something I don't know about lurking around the corner. Some reissue, exclusive or limited edition that I just have to have... Admittedly there aren't that many of them, but they're out there.

One such was the black and white 'Gasket Police Type' from the Galaxy Force line in Japan. Literally, Gasket repainted as a police bike. It was limited in that it was available from Toys'R'Us in Japan for one day only, with the purchase of any other TransFormers toy. The model is one of my favourites of that size class in the line, despite its simplicity, because it's quite well designed. The only flaw is that it was consistently misconstructed, up until the BotCon 2006 repaint as Rattrap.

I've even bought more movie toys that I wasn't intending to get... Payload, for example, and the '78 version of Bumblebee (which, being perfectly honest, I bought 'because it was there' as much as I did it for the customising possibilities). It's a decent model... just not as good as the 2008 version.

No comments: