Wednesday 23 December 2009

It's either foggy or raining...

Hopefully the former (though the latter will help clear the snow if it stays as warm as it seems to be today), as my mother called a while back, asking if I felt like heading uptown to sort out my Christmas PC... I thought I heard some reluctance in her voice but, going by the way the conversation continued, it may just be that she was expecting reluctance on my part (when I was younger, I was not noted for my willingness to go out in bad weather, I think...) and that just came out in her voice.

Also had another call from my boss, who's still snowbound out in the sticks. She's hoping for a thaw, or her Christmas is likely to be a lean one. Also means we may not be exchanging Christmas presents till the New Year. She'd heard from my counterpart - who, I'd forgotten, is working till Christmas Eve - on a number of trivial matters that he should have been able to deal with himself. One of his team wanted to book holiday (needed to arrange flights), and didn't want to wait till the New Year. Deary me.

I've restocked my freezer, despite the fact that I'll be heading over the my folks tomorrow - I wanted to make sure there is stuff to eat when I return.

Not much else to report at this juncture... Need to get ready to head out again. At least the trains seem to be running well at the moment.

No comments: