Monday 21 December 2009

Lost and Found

Well, the trip to my folks' place didn't meet my expectations in any way, shape or form. I can see how depressed my brother-in-law is, but can't understand why. He's feeling isolated, and yet made no effort to interact with his tiny little daughter. I suspect that if he involved himself a little more, rather than just feeding when required, changing when required and otherwise pretending to nap on the sofa, he might feel a touch less isolated.

Perhaps I'm wrong... but if Fatherhood isn't what he was expecting, he should at least try to make the best of it. He'll be stuck with the girl for a good few years yet.

Meanwhile, with just a tiny hint of encouragement (for the third time) my mother finally got round to looking for my missing SAM Coupé. Having assured me that, if it was in the loft, it would have been carefully boxed up and put away, we found it entirely out in the open, upside down in a pile of junk, and with cobwebs in the open section where the hard disk is installed (I really wish I'd got around to having a hole drilled in the drive bay cover, so it could have been closed up to some degree).

Still missing in action are the power supply, SCART cable and the disks containing the DOS that'll work with the Atom and the hard disk... So I'm still unable to use it, or get at anything on there... Which is a real bugger.

On the upside, I remembered to collect my folders of sketches and things, to bring back to the flat. On the downside, I forgot to take over things like my camera (to take photos of my niece) and DVDs I might have suggested watching instead of the rubbish TV that was on later in the evening.

Dinner was a small, snack/finger food thing, but strangely filling... And I returned home with everything I was after (bar the SAM) and a few extras (such as a good chunk of my TransFormers comics from just over 20 years ago).

Tomorrow (make that later today... it's almost 2.30am!), unless I get snowed in, I'm aiming to (possibly) get my hair cut, go out to High Street Ken, and browse for Christmas Hamper gifts for my folks.

No comments: