Tuesday 23 January 2007

Kitteh!

Yes, there's a new addition to the household. He's small, sleek, black, walks on four legs, and comes equipped with twin missile launchers.

Transformers Alternator Ravage is a first for many reasons: He's the first Alternator to become an animal (let's see them do Buzzsaw/Laserbeak next!), he's the first to appear in the UK before the States, and he's the first to be claimed by catalogue-store Argos as an exclusive.

When photos first leaked out, I wasn't too impressed... but as more and more photos from happy owners turned up - properly transformed - I started to see him differently. Car-kibble aside, he's actually a very good model. Forget that the car bonnet doesn't open (it is a separate piece, but it's screwed in place), and that the boot only really opens for the purpose of getting his tail out for robot mode. The car looks gorgeous, and robot mode is impressive and highly poseable. The damned thing can even stand on its hind legs without additional support!

Definitely glad I got him...

In other news, work has been much as I expected without the presence of our manager. Certain parties are slacking off. Others are working as well as they normally would (which can mean a range of different things, depending on who I'm talking about ;). I'm expecting tomorrow to be a disaster but, hey, it ain't my magazine going to press.

Mine's looking... not too bad, considering it goes on Friday... I'm quietly confident.

Which makes a change ;)

No comments: