Saturday 6 September 2008

Repaints

Amongst the growing list of things I have yet to photograph, I have been repainting my second TransFormers: Animated Soundwave into TF:A Soundblaster this weekend.

I am slowly realising that there is perhaps too much black... but I intend to vary it to some degree my making some glossy while leaving the rest matte, to stay in keeping with the Animated toy stylings.

Rather than slavishly repaint Soundwave using different colours on exactly the same pattern, I'm intending to follow my preference for asymmetry and do something different on each side. The bonnet was easy, the rest... I'm not sure yet. But the fake flourescent blue has been replaced by real flourescent yellow (it's a rather weak paint, so it has to be layered quite heavily), and the greenish-gold has been replaced with Games Workshop Boltgun Metal, with odd highlights in Mithril Silver and Tin Bitz. Oh, and I've given him gold rims/hubcaps.

And Laserbeak has become Buzzsaw, obviously.

No comments: