Saturday 20 September 2008

Flocking Together

Theoretically, this post will have been made with the latest version of Flock, a web browser I originally downloaded a couple of years ago to make uploading images to Photobucket much easier.

I say 'theoretically' because I had a devil of a job getting an updated Flock to recognise my Photobucket account in its 'Accounts and Services' tab. the blog it added no trouble at all. Photobucket steadfastly refused to appear.

Of course, the problem was solved by updating the software, so all seems well now (and I suppose it's ironic that a browser I downloaded specifically for its Photobucket wizardry would later feature bugs that hamper its performance in that way) and I'm giving Flock's internal Blog Poster a test drive.

This may well turn into the weekend that last weekend wasn't: a time that I actually manage to accomplish things.

Aside from getting Flock up and running in a way that should, theoretically, make life easier for blogging and storing/cataloging my photos (Mozilla frequently crashes on login to Blogger, and Photobucket places draconian restrictions on the files thou shalt upload), I've managed to sketch and ink something I've been meaning to do for a good four years - the "Proud to be a Lick & Stick Monkey" T-shirt image.

It's nothing like I imagined, all those years ago - I'd wanted something halfway between cartoon and realism - but it's cute, effective, and incorporates the essence of the original idea in a far more suitable style.

If only I could have scanned it on my own computer, rather than using my parents' (oh, the hypocrisy! I'll use my parents' computer and scanner, but deny them the use of my laptop!). Mind you, while I thought transferring the scan by memory stick was going to be the slow option, I am revising my opinion. That machine still hasn't finished sending the image by email!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: