Tuesday 30 September 2008

The Incredible Disappearing Spider

It's no secret that I'm not a big fan of spiders.

This evening, I found one sitting - the picture of innocence - on my bed.

Naturally, I tried to swat it but, the bed being rather soft and covered with a duvet, that didn't work out too well.

I tried several times to swat it, and then it vanished.

I'm pretty sure I didn't hallucinate it, so it really did just disappear in front of my eyes. One second (pre-swat) it was there, the next (after missing again) it was not. It could have crawled into my shirt sleeve, but I stripped completely and found no sign of it.

This is rather disquieting, as I need to go to bed right about now.

Equally disquieting, but in a very different way, was the phone call I received from my boss earlier this evening, who has had to take her husband to hospital. He may well have pneumonia and, having improved during the early part of last week, took a downturn towards the end and over the weekend.

Chances are, she won't be in tomorrow, so I'll have to get one of the copy controllers to cover the work she was doing on my Wednesday deadline, and there was a stack of other stuff she didn't get round to today that I'll have to fob off somewhere.

I had two designers off sick today - one admitted to hospital over the weekend, the other just generally 'unwell' - with another taking the day off to get her recently-broken arm checked over now it's been out of the sling for a couple of weeks.

I already knew one of my designers would be off tomorrow (for Eid), so I can only hope that my unwell designer will be back tomorrow, or we'll be potentially screwed.

Not good.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: