Wednesday 3 November 2010

Concerned and Disappointed

After the usual, tiresome, train strike journey into work (perhaps not quite so tiresome as usual, and I was only about half an hour late), my boss asked me if I'd read our Publishing Director's email...

I hadn't even started Outlook at that point, so I slid over to her desk and read over her shoulder.

It seems our esteemed leader (well, not ours, as such... she rules the roost over Sales, not Production) has taken exception to some comments I made to a colleague in Norwich, about the need for further training in Selling For The Web for our zombie hordes. Granted, I pulled no punches (well, not many... I could have been more direct in my complaint), but for her to claim the complaint should have been made to her leaves me incredulous.

Had I the impression, even for a moment, that she gave a single, miniscule damn, or intended to take any action about any of the concerns raised by Production thusfar, I might be more inclined to raise concerns with her. What's sad is that she's trying to paint herself as wounded by a situation she created herself, by deliberately sidelining and abusing a Production Department that's in the process of being phased out, not because it's a poorly run department that consistently underperforms, but because the higher-ups believe they can save money.

Just over 6 weeks to go, and I'll be out...

Really must talk to the pension people.

No comments: