Sunday 28 November 2010

Not A Snow Day So Far

Had a very strange experience this morning: I woke up at about 7.30am having had a dream where I was woken up by my computer going 'bong' (as in 'standard Windows error bong'), went into the lounge to check it out - because I surely switched it off before bed last night - only to find it had been stolen. Just the computer, monitor and keyboard, nothing else in the entire lounge, let alone the rest of the flat.

Leaving the lounge, I noticed my front door was ajar... So I opened it fully, and found a team of three guys disassembling various ill-gotten gains from all the flats, my computer included. The one closest to my front door warned me off: it was their stuff now, and I didn't want to risk trying to take it from them, did I?

But they were unarmed... and he was the only one who was not completely distracted by their deconstructions... So I slipped back into the flat and called the police.

Waking up from that I knew in my head that I had not really been burgled... And I had no trouble going back to sleep for another hour or so... but, having lived here now for, what, a year and a half at least?.. Having lived here for that long without incident, and having only once before been woken up by the sound of a slamming door (which turned out to be downstairs) why on Earth would my subconscious throw up the image of burglary?

No sign of the threatened snow so far today... Though I must admit that, when I first saw the light creeping in past my curtains this morning, it seemed so bright and white for this time of year that I assumed I'd been completely snowed in overnight. Not so - only a very thin layer of cloud in the sky, so it's undoubtedly cold outside, but the weather reports are now suggesting a 'chance of snow' from Tuesday.

So I'm waiting to hear from the friend with whom I may be heading to Collectormania London... depending on whether or not she's been snowed in where she is...

No comments: