Tuesday 17 February 2009

Continuing Apace

Well, today got off to a reasonably good start...

Missed a call from the carpet people, asking if they could do the carpet tomorrow rather than Thursday (turns out they're overbooked for Thursday), which is pretty damned cool.

Most of the wiring at the flat was completed yesterday - only one more set of sockets for the lounge remains to be done today, and that requires that we replace the socket covers in the kitchen because we didn't get enough. Strange that we have 'extras' in the form of covers to be replaced by nice steel-effect things in the kitchen, but I guess that's my mother for you.

I really need to make a list of things that need doing, so as much as possible gets done this week. All things considered, this has been quite a well-used holiday so far... I just wish the electricals had been done last week, so we'd be that little bit further along the process now.

So... In no particular order, we have:

Display cabinets to be moved from Parents' House to Flat (+1 more cabinet to be added)
Computer desk to be moved from Parents' House to Flat
Shelving (unit?) in lounge in corner above TV to be bought/made
Coffee Table to be bought (Ramvik @ Ikea)
Sofabed to be bought
Shelving to be added to hall (custom made by my father?)
Bookshelf to be bought for bedroom
Damp patch in hall to be mentioned to Managing Agent (wasn't roof redone?)
Bathroom to be redone
Repainting hall, lounge, bedroom
Get phone connected
Transfer Broadband to new phone

...and, you know, I think that's about it.

Apart from moving all my stuff, that is.

Work is apparently a bit hairy at the moment, with three people now off sick - the 'floater' designer (the one who's supposed to cover other designers during sickness or holiday... turns out she's rather seriously ill, but neglected to mention that in her interviews), my counterpart Production Mananger (hopefully not pneumonia again) and one of the copy controllers (who had supposedly been coughing up blood over the weekend).

This means my boss is (a) covering me, (b) covering my counterpart and (c) covering the copy controller. Nice.

We probably won't be getting back on track as swiftly as I'd hoped.

With any luck, though, at least two of the folks off sick will be back later in the week.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: