Tuesday 10 February 2009

Tasks Accomplished:

Set myself up on Monthly Direct Debit for gas, thus avoiding any and all future bill-paying mishaps. Since my usage was so far below what they were estimating, it was suggested that I may have trouble inputting my actual meter reading to their website (yes, EDF have that feature too... and it's not even hidden away anymore!), so I may have to phone them and have the low reading 'forced through'.

Made an appointment with the Dentist: 10.30am on Tuesday 3rd March was the earliest they could fit me in. The recent snow probably lead to a few cancelled appointments, and one of the dentists tends to take the school half-term week as holiday, so that makes this time of year rather full. I really shouldn't have waited so long to call them, but I just haven't had time at work.

Ordered my carpet, and have a tentative fitting date of Thursday 19th - next week! Considering my original choice of carpet came with at least a 3 week lead-time (2 weeks to order the carpet, 1 more to get it fitted), this is a huge bonus. It'll be nice to have another part of the flat completely finished by the end of my holiday.

In other news, I'm finding YouTube quite useful for looking into videogames. There are so many walkthroughs available, it's almost as good as playing the game myself, only without the need to buy it, install it and... erm... play it. Some of the commentaries are a little unnecessary... and occasionally highlight reading difficulties in the 'host'. One in particular featured a line of dialogue that was so hard for the player to read, he ended up choosing a different line. Oh well.

It's actually quite a neat way to look at some games I'd otherwise be unable to play, either due to the performance of my machine, or the fact that I don't have the right machine to play the game anyway - I still haven't got a console newer than my old faithful Sega Saturn!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: