Tuesday 24 February 2009

The Return

First day back after my two week absence wasn't as bad as I'd expected (at least partially because of the Kalms, no doubt). Things were in a bit of a state, and the magazine that was due to go to press on Friday still hasn't gone. My boss is finishing that off tomorrow, so I'm free to tackle the magazine that's due to go on Wednesday (now Thursday).

Flatplanning is a bit behind schedule, but should pick up soon enough. That said, the flatplan for my next magazine is actually put together by my counterpart (I think... I hope...) so that's not so bad. Backups are probably behind as well, but that shouldn't take long to fix.

Having agreed to tackle web advertising, I've already had several enquiries (one manager asked to have a meeting in which I could specify what I'm expecting from them). Nothing I can actually answer until I know exactly what I'm meant to be doing.

Funny how this kind of news spreads fastest to those who least need to know. Just once, it'd be nice to be prepared for the new role before everyone is expecting me to fulfill it for them.

On the way home, my boss drove me to Ikea to pick up my coffee table and, while we were there, I snatched up a couple of rugs for the bedroom, and some oven gloves and a utensil pot thing for the kitchen.

I'm getting there...

In fact, I told my counterpart that, if I don't move in during this week, I'd be aiming to do so at this coming weekend, purely because I'll just keep putting it off if I don't.

Let's hope I can live up to those words.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: