Monday 30 August 2010

Woot! Incoming!

Just had an email from Robot Kingdom, letting me know that my Crossfire upgrade sets are on their way... Considering the disappointment I had with the last company I ordered them from, I was a little reluctant to order from a company based in China, but I've used them before (I think) and found them very efficient. It's taken FansProject quite some time to get these sets produced - not to mention the 'in production' error that forced them to redesign part/parts at the last minute... I'm really looking forward to receiving them.

On the downside, it'll be coming via ParcelFarce... but, if I'm lucky, they'll ditch the box at the local Post Office once I've paid the import duty, and I can just collect it from there. Otherwise it'll be a case of missing the initial delivery attempt and taking time off work to be here when it arrives.

In other news, yesterday's planned second trip to Rude Britannia at the Tate Britain turned into a detour to Forbidden Planet... which is more disappointing every time I go there. They have a single Masterpiece Grimlock in their foyer display, along with a single blue Alternity Megatron, both hopelessly overpriced... but neither, or indeed any of the Alternity line are on their shelves. What they have is available in Toys'R'Us. Sure, they have some of the more esoteric action figures and a nice line in other random stuff, and the comic/DVD/book section in the basement is as bewilderingly overstocked as ever... but it's trying to cater to too many tastes these days and, inevitably, become full of the many and varied forms of Twilight (who knew there'd be a graphic novel, for those who have no imagination and a limited capacity to process the written word?)

Lunch was a mixture of Tapas (it was raining, and they had an awning) followed by TGI Friday's. Strangely not a bad combination, and it did give me the opportunity to down a rum cocktail in the mid-afternoon. When arriving at the restaurant, a table was available immediately... upon leaving, I heard there was a waiting time of an hour and a half - arrive for a late lunch, stay for dinner?

No comments: