Sunday 8 August 2010

Funny thing...

Normally, my memory for movies is excellent, to the point that I rarely need to see a movie a second time and, if I do, I spend most of the time remembering exactly how it's about to unfold before it actually happens.

Strangely not the case with Lara Croft: Tomb Raider - The Cradle of Life, a film with more title than it has plot.

I am certain that I saw it in the cinema, and remember the bare bones of the plot but, aside from the bit where Lara is riding atop the Great Wall of China, and the whole acrobatic sequence in the neon-lit slum, I have absolutely no recollection of anything... Even as I watch it now, I'm finding it utterly forgettable. It's a true shame considering what the stars are capable of, given decent material... and considering how much potentially brilliant material there is for a Tomb Raider movie.

And did Gerard Butler really just say "You can break my wrist... but I'm still gonna kiss you"?

Deary me.

No comments: