Friday 6 August 2010

Strange Occurrences in Browserland, continued

So the new version of Flock actually has reduced functionality?

Wow. Well done, folks.

It looks like Chrome - no bloody menus, and very few icons - and, as far as I can tell, has been stripped of its Blog Editor and Image Uploader, my two main reasons for downloading Flock in the first place. Sheesh...

I'd intended to pop out today, either to Uxbridge or Harrow, but managed to delay myself with various Internet-based amusements till it got to 3pm... still plenty of shopping time, to be sure, but that's when schools start to kick out, and I didn't fancy bumming about in Uxbridge or Harrow with loads of schoolkids taking up space. Looks more like I'll be going out tomorrow, then...

Hopefully my post - if any - will arrive at a decent hour, so I can pop out before lunch, but who knows?

Didn't even get up to much playing around on the Wii. A friend stopped by yesterday to watch some more Monster Hunter Tri - which I hadn't played for quite some time - and I ended up wasting far too much time demonstrating Another Code: R beforehand. Only had time for one MH3 quest before she had to head home... but it does mean that I still don't have to face off against the Great Jaggi just yet.

What I did do was forge a new weapon - a lance - and upgrade it substantially. It always reaches a point where I need some item that I haven't yet been able to harvest, but I managed to pretty much max out the lance up to that point without running out of materials that are commonly available... Now I just need to learn to use it well. At first glance, it seems far more effective in my play style (read: mostly random A-button bashing, never using Guard or Evade), but only does a 3-hit combo as standard. MH3 really needs more time than I can generally give it... and this holiday has been a complete waste.

I did get out Castlevania Judgement and Muramasa earlier, just to kind of nudge myself toward playing one or the other... but have only played a tiny bit of Castlevania thusfar - just enough to finally beat the first stage in Castle mode, the challenge-based game. Sadly, stage 2 requires that I perform a 6-hit combo to proceed... and I can barely manage 3 hits. That said, I've won my first costume-customising accessory - silver-rimmed glasses - that certainly look rather fetching on Carmilla, and thereby unlocked the 'Accessories' music.

There's not a great deal on TV tonight, so I may well play more a bit later... But it's also tempting to switch back to MH3 and retread some of the Questing ground I've already completed, just to see how well I cope with the lance...

No comments: