Tuesday 26 June 2007

Cool feedback

So, having won both auctions yesterday, I checked to see if I'd had any email from the seller and found that he'd already done my feedback. Both positive (naturally) and one actually quite funny:
Carlsberg don't make eBayers... but if they did, he'd be one
Anyone not familiar with the Carlsberg lager ads won't see the joke, but for many years they claimed to be "probably the best lager in the world", and the more recent ads are playing on that more subtly with "Carlsberg don't make [whatever], but if they did, they'd probably be the best [whatever]s in the world."

Today saw the first round of training for one of our many new systems. It didn't help that the trainer from the software company was crap, unfocussed and incredibly dull to listen to. Nor did it help that the software as it stands is not as it was described to us... The 'upgrades' have made it potentially far less user friendly for the idiot clients we want to push it to, and it has serious fundamental flaws in its 'final' output. Nothing insurmountable, when one has me on staff... but that could be said of so many things. I found myself getting quite angry at several points, not least because this rubbish was keeping me from staying on top of my magazine, which goes to press tomorrow.

If it weren't for the fact that we'd already bought it, I'd be tempted to suggest we give it a miss.

On the upside, Sleepy Cat will be appearing in the magazine.

No comments: