Sunday 10 June 2007

There goes the neighbourhood

I don't know what's happened to this neighbourhood...

Actually, that's not true, I just don't want to sound racist or anti-European by ranting about the bloody rowdy Polish morons down the road.

Right, well... We have some noisy neighbours. Not just the Poles, it has to be said. Some nights, I can hear some very English arguments going on - very loudly - along the road. Varying stages of drunkenness in the voices, as is to be expected. Over this weekend, though - and I genuinely haven't noticed it before, so hopefully it's some kind of specific celebration, rather than a taste of what's to come every night from now on - a certain household of Eastern European origin has been out in the streets being loud long into the morning and, this evening, playing guitar (quite well, as it happens) and singing (not so well) in their back garden.

I'm glad this isn't a work night for me... then again, perhaps it is for them... they seem to have stopped, finally.

No comments: