Wednesday 18 November 2009

Good Grief, It's Dark...

Only yesterday, the weather was bright and mostly clear. I really should have used that time to either (a) go out, get some fresh air, do some shopping, do some photography, some sketching... anything to take advantage of the daylight.

Today is DARK. It's been overcast all day, the wind is much higher than yesterday, and it's been raining a little every so often. Today would have been ideal for lazing around watching DVDs and mucking about on the computer. I really must learn to take better advantage of the opportunities presented to me.

That said, one of the first things I did with my time off was make a (small) start on Christmas Presents. I have a sneaking suspicion that I won't be going to the winter Memorabilia this time round, much as I'd like to, but there are options for other kinds of Christmas shopping.

On the other hand, I haven't been doing too well on any other score. I asked by sister for a photo of a baby toy, as it struck me as something that could easily appear more sinister. I have the photo, but haven't been in the 'sketching zone'. Nor have I been in the writing zone, for the most part. Ideas are occurring to me, but they disappear before I have the chance to write them up. I've also misplaced some writing I did a few days ago which, while not critical, is rather annoying.

By the looks of things, I'm about 3/4 through photographing my toy collection, but haven't got even half of it uploaded and ready to blog... And until my new computer arrives - whether it's bought by me or built by my brother-in-law - getting that side of things sorted is too painful a process. And it's still very tempting to just get myself a Mac.

Dark times, indeed...
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: