Wednesday 18 April 2007

And then sometimes things go well

Could have left work an hour early today... Chose not to, as my deadline is Friday and it's not necessarily looking peachy. I hung back at finished an extra job or two, but almost everyone else - having completed today's magazine by 4.30 - got out of there and enjoyed an extra hour of their day. The biggest surprise was that one of our number - noted for being ungrateful at the best of time - did thank our boss for allowing us to leave early.

Other news: I hold in my hand (not right now, obviously, as I type with both) a piece of paper which describes me as a Manager. No official announcement just yet, as we're expecting a whole raft of pay disputes (April Review, and all), and those above me would rather not rub salt on the existing wounds. Meh. I could really go off on one here, but I won't...

Tried to fly my kite one the way home but there just wasn't enough wind... Supposedly Friday will bring perfect kiting weather, so I'll have my maiden flight yet. You see if I don't!

And when I got home, the last of my packages was waiting for me. By this point, naturally, I was ready for another disappointment. I'm happy to report, though, that the limited edition Superlink Black Rodimus is in perfect condition - no problems at all. HUGE sigh of relief.

I've also heard from the company from whom I bought Masterpiece Megatron, and they have advised me to send him back, and they'll replace him quickly enough, assuming there's no further damage in transit. That shouldn't be a problem, but I may pack some cotton wool in there or something... Just in case.

No comments: