Sunday 15 April 2007

Disasterpiece

Perhaps I should have been especially wary of anything that arrived on Friday 13th, but I'm just not superstitious in that way.

I first tried to transform Masterpiece Megatron a little earlier today. To my utter dismay, TakaraTomy's quality control had missed quite a significant factory error: the tiny metal pin which connects the silver strut of the right arm to what is, effectively, Megatron's 'spine' was missing, so the whole arm assembly fell off as soon as I tried to move it.

Only a few photos had been taken - much the same pose, but with different weapons (and I'd considered a TF:TM reference, where Megatron had the handgun in one hand, and was holding Kiss Player Rodimus with the other, but didn't get round to it) - because I can't do too many complicated photos with mu current setup.

To call it a disappointment would be a massive understatement... In my possession for two days, and I have to return it for replacement.

...Oh well, other models to photograph, so I can't dwell on it.

No comments: