Tuesday 17 April 2007

Well, dang...

My run of bad luck continues.

BT-17 Black Convoy, the Wonderfest 2007 exclusive, limited edition 'last ever' Binaltech model arrived today. I opened the package and started to transform it... and noticed a small problem with the bonnet/hood of the car. It didn't sit right in vehicle mode and, in the midst of transforming it, I saw why. The hinge/slider arrangement that allows it to open as a bonnet and flip round to be the robot's chest plate is glued together on one side. As factory defects go, that really takes the biscuit. Where was Quality Control? How did superglue get in there?

By the whitish residue all round, I'd guess it was a spillage which vapourised and settled all over the 'engine cavity'... and there's no way to fix it.

Hopefully I'll be able to send it back and get it replaced (let's hope that I was right when I said 'limited to 800' would probably be closer to 1000!)... otherwise it's a refund, and I'll do without unless I can find it elsewhere. Right now, that's not necessarily difficult... but it'll get more so, not to mention more expensive.

And I still haven't heard back from the vendor about returning my Masterpiece Megatron.

No comments: