Sunday 22 November 2009

Good Grief, It's Dark... Again...

...And today, it's raining.

Heavily.

Nice way to end my week off.

Popped in to Great Ormond Street Hospital yesterday, to visit my sister and little niece. Both seem to be doing well. Kate especially - shortly after arriving, I caught a glimpse of the top of her chest and saw what appeared to be the remnants of a huge wound... but when the time came to change the dressing, most of the dried blood came away, leaving quite a tiny line that's well on the way to healing. She's sure to have a nasty scar, but she is healing incredibly well.

She was also - according to my sister - rather more conversational than ever before. Not that a single thing made any sense - she hasn't discovered words yet - but she was particularly vocal after lunch (hers and ours). At one point, she started grizzling, and none of the handy toys or the dummy seemed to fix the problem. Bizarrely, though, my attempts to distract her from whatever bothered her weren't too successful until she discovered my stubbly chin. That sorted the problem right out. Seems she enjoys playing with beards...

I left just after she went to sleep around 5pm - rather later than I'd intended, but it was good to spend a bit of time with both sister and niece, especially since she's likely to be discharged and heading home tomorrow.

Not sure what I'll do with today... it's far too dark (at the moment) to do any photography or sketching... and, while I'd like to do some writing, I'm just not feeling that inspired right now.

Actually, that's not entirely true. Something I'm working on has grown a whole new element that pretty much begs to be explored... but repeatedly, whenever something pops into my head, it's gone before I sit down to write it out.

No comments: