Monday 13 April 2009

Success!

After spending an unforeseen length of time trying to find a magnetic knife rack for my kitchen, I happened upon one in the Lakeside branch of Robert Dyas.

Yes, that's right, Lakeside.

The other side of London.

Weird, because I've been in more local branches of Dyas, and not found anything along those lines. The Lakeside branch had it nestled in with the knives, in a locked cabinet.

Just to make the day even more fun, I got extra birthday presents for my sister - a newborn baby 'user/troubleshooting manual' and a paper making kit (intended for kids, but should be fun for her craft projects nevertheless) and something cool for my father - a belt buckle that's also a cigarette lighter. Very Batman.

My boss drove me over as we were hoping to find the rumoured new TransFormers, both from the Universe line and the new movie line. No such luck... nothing particularly new at all.

Having got through Lent without eating any chocolate, as is her annual thing, my boss managed to very nearly put herself off chocolate entirely by breaking her fast with a bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk.

Could have seen that coming... We ventured into Thorntons to get proper chocolate.

We also visited the Lakeside branch of Shakeaway, the milkshake shop. Certainly not as good as the Kingston branch, though it's unclear whether that's by accident (faulty blenders) or design (laziness). My Terry's Chocolate Orange shake was rather weak, and huge chunks of Chocolate Orange littered the bottom of the cup. My boss's Banana Shake with extra icecream was similarly weak, despite the extra icecream.

For myself, I also snagged some more shower stuff and deodorant (the antiperspirant is horrible), and a new cleaning cartridge for my electric razor, since it's been without for several months now. Just need to transfer the darned thing over here now.

I went looking for the DVD of Silent Hill (the movie, rather than any of the games) on the off chance because, having been watching lots of Silent Hill game walkthroughs, the movie has been on my mind. It's a pretty good movie, bar the very end... which means it's a very good movie of Silent Hill, because they tend to follow the same formula. It's just a shame that the movie turned out to be as derivative of other horror franchises as it was of the videogames. Anyway... Didn't find it, so I'll have to go looking elsewhere.

Upon my return to the flat - yes, staying overnight before returning to work - I adjusted the height of my computer desk so I'm not leaning over it quite so much. Probably should have done that ages ago, because it's been causing my lower back no end of trouble. Should be better now, as long as I remember not to slouch...
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: