Sunday 5 April 2009

And 'Home' Is Where?

Going back to my parents' house yesterday felt very strange.

I'd spent three nights in a row at my flat, cooking for myself on two of those nights, so being back there and having to follow that routine just didn't feel right.

Lunch was 'when lunch was ready', dinner was 'when dinner was ready' (and while we were watching The Day After Tomorrow, which actually had me holding my breath once or twice, despite the implausible plot and by-the-numbers characterisation). With my computer at the flat, there wasn't a whole lot to do while I was there.

Other than packing more toys, obviously.

I took the first opportunity today to get back to the flat... Did some laundry - the 'lights', but there isn't enough for either a 'white' or a 'dark' wash at the moment - and intended to vacuum in the lounge and bedroom... but didn't quite get round to that.

I'm taking my sketchpad back to the house when I return, so hopefully I can do some sketchy-stuff for that little game design thing. I have a shrewd idea what I want the girl to look like, and I'm keeping the original idea for the player character... Perhaps I'll get a little further with the monsters as well, as I've dragged out some of my videogame artbooks for inspiration.

I'm almost tempted to stay here overnight, and head to work from here... but the house is still better equipped for an early morning start.

Must remember to switch everything off, though... When I arrived today, I discovered I'd left the laptop's cooling board on!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: