Wednesday 15 April 2009

Briefly...

Learned something interesting today: One of the new recruits on one of my magazines is a bit of a geek. And, when I say 'a bit of a geek', I mean she attended PAX (the Penny Arcade Expo) one year with other members of her World of Warcraft guild, remembers Infocom adventure games (played them aged 12), and XBox is a big part of her life.

Apparently the rest of her team consider her 'too geeky'. Strange, considering one of them had a drunken lightsabre fight with his mother.

In other news, my counterpart's magazine got a little out of hand today - my boss called me at 9pm to say they were just leaving. And this, after they dropped 8 pages of the magazine at 5pm.

I had spent a good chunk of my afternoon creating a workable template for a new Estate Agent client (one based closely on their MS Word example, another making it look good), and a hairdresser whose idea of a good full-page ad was a tiny picture dwarfed by a short price list in a massive, dull-looking font, all surrounded by a burgundy border. Mine used a full-page image, and shrunk the text (apart from the discount offer) right down.

My boss accused me - yet again - of being a Designer.

Bumped into my old mate Paul on the way home, and he confirmed that he has bought tickets to the IMAX presentation of Star Trek (the new movie) this weekend. Should be fun. He also confirmed that he would be interested in seeing Mediaeval Baebes in May... This is lucky because, while I've bought tickets for myself and my sister (the latter as a birthday present), I'm not entirely certain I'll be able to go, as the gig falls on one of my Press Days.

I stopped in on my parents' house to do some more repackaging, and have now boxed all the Galaxy Force toys. There are a couple of Cybertron toys I can box, but the rest will have to get bubble-wrapped and put into the spare generic boxes I've now freed up. Almost there.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: