Thursday 2 April 2009

Offline Blog #5

A fairly uneventful day (which is to say I just don't remember a great deal), but I got mostly up to date with all the web stuff, including the complete roll-out of the new page on all the websites about the show we seem to be involved in.

I was in a conference call/training session for an interesting bit of online software which allows its users to create e-mailshots. While it was all very interesting, I'm not going to be the one who does that kind of thing... I suspect it will be passed on to the Editors.

In the evening, my boss and I met up with an ex-colleague, recently back from a jaunt in Australia (which he described as "too far... in every sense"). He seemed to have enjoyed himself and, despite the obvious economic pressures and lack of jobs both there and upon his return to Blighty, pretty chipper about everything. A far cry from how he was about a year ago, when he was basically forced out.

Food was excellent - from a small Indian restaurant in south London - but, despite having a light lunch, I wasn't able to eat much of my meal, and came away feeling rather bloated.

Much of that passed as gas overnight...

No comments: