Friday 24 December 2010

I Haz A Nyoo Fridge

Probably a good thing that I set my alarm, really... When I got up, I had just enough time to get dressed and empty out my old fridge before the delivery people arrived to collect it and install the new one.

There was a bit of a struggle getting it in, not least because of all the stairs getting up to the flat, but also because of the size of the gap it had to squeeze into. While I had measured between the end of the counter and the start of the skirting board, and found the space sufficient, I hadn't taken the radiator into account, and it was that which caused the best part of the problem.

Still, in it went and in leiu of a switch on the wall (God only knows why there are two sockets back there, but no switch) the refrigerator was set off, and I was instructed to leave it a couple of hours before using it.

That should have given me just enough time to finish wrapping Christmas presents, do the gosh-darned washing up, and then pack my bags before I toddle off to my parents' place for a few days... but you know what I'm like.

I had to dash out and get some more wrapping paper - my mother's gift is rather large, so I didn't have quite as much paper as I needed. Then I distracted myself with other little tasks... and, of course, the interwebs...

I'm starting to wonder if I need Office Me more at home than I do at work...

No comments: