Friday 31 December 2010

And Wouldn't You Know?

Just had a call from my mother, wishing me a Happy New Year in advance, in case she falls asleep in front of the TV later, or just goes to bed before midnight. Not much going on over there, but she had received a belated Christmas card from my younger cousin, Richard.

Out of the four children between my parents and my uncle's (father's younger brother) family, Richard is the youngest - a year younger than me - then there's a year between my sister and our older cousin, Stewart, with my sister being the eldest of the bunch.

The big news is that Richard now has a baby... approximately a year younger than my niece. Stewart, if I remember correctly, has two.

So now I'm really feeling like the runt of the litter: out of work, no children, and not only unmarried but single...

...I'd make changing all that a New Year's Resolution, but that'd be daft, because it'd take more than a year...

No comments: