Monday 27 August 2007

Resuming 'Normal' Service...

So, all things considered, I've had quite productive weekend.

Partly, I suspect, I was jarred into action by yesterday's sad news. I'd actually been pretty much in denial since I first heard how serious the situation was, and it took me a while to pluck up the courage to open each emailed update I received...

...But in between, I managed to get quite a bit of photography done. Over the weekend, I've taken new photos of all of my TF Movie toys. The collection currently stands as:

Leader
Optimus Prime
Megatron

Brawl

Voyager
Blackout
Ratchet
Ironhide
Starscream

Thundercracker

Deluxe
Jazz
2008 Bumblebee
Scorponok
Wreckage
Barricade
Bonecrusher
Arcee

Dropkick
Longarm

So I'm pretty much done with the movie line... unless they pull a blinder and release some more really cool stuff. I'm aware of another couple of Real Gear robots I'm quite keen on, but that's about it.

I've discovered that adding a grey towel to my 'photographic studio' (two bits of white-coated chipboard balanced on my chair) has a beneficial effect on the resultant photos. Same camera, same lighting conditions (on a good day), much better pictures. I guess the stark white of the boards messes up the camera's ability to take light readings, and reflects far too much light. The grey towel offers texture, and absorbs more light, so the pictures seemed more lifelike in colour.

I managed to get mostly up to date on my collection - all the BotCon stuff has been photographed (though I really need to do a group shot of the models from the boxed set), plus my most recent Memorabilia purchases. Even managed to update my website with the new pictures. Since it's been ages since I posted any pictures here, I figured I'd share a couple of the funnies I came up with...

For starters, there's Steppen-Weirdwolf and Steppen-Dark Fangwolf performing that timeless classic:
Then we have a tender family moment for TF Movie Megatron:
Obviously, there are plenty more photos... and I didn't get round to the photo-story in which Classics Bumblebee is corrupted by the dark power of Goth Rock and becomes 'Gothbug' (aka Bugbyte, but playing on Goldbug, the name Bumblebee took when he got upgraded).

Nor did I get round to filming Beatmix Bumblebee rockin' out to Black Lab's cover of the 1986 TransFormers animated movie theme, played by Music Label Soundwave...

Oh well. Can't have everything.

I'm reasonably happy with what I've accomplished this weekend... The biggest thing, I suppose, was taking the decision to pass on the web stuff at work, but I believe it's the right decision. I need my weekends to rest, not to make more money... Money might help, but rest will keep me from burning out, or turning into a total workaholic.

I do need to get back to writing, though... I have two fairly short stories to write, and one that's likely to be larger, but fits in well with my one of my big 'projects'... and, having recently heard from a couple of characters who have been 'missing in action' for a good couple of years, now seems like the right time to give it another try...

No comments: