Friday 3 August 2007

As luck would have it

So there I am, sifting through eBay's listings, and I come across someone selling their BotCon 2007 souvenir Springer (no sign of Huffer - either gone already or the seller is keeping him) going for the tidy sum (as in 'Buy It Now') of £45

£45??? Have I just stepped into an alternate reality where everything I thought I'd missed out on suddenly becomes available at a reasonable price? Considering the dollar price of the Springer/Huffer set, that's not much more than the seller would have paid in the first place.

Fitting, in some ways, that this marvellous find (which, yes, I bought as soon as I'd recovered from the shock) should occur in time for my 100th post to this very blog. I was hoping to have something special or in some way cool to commemorate this most important milestone.

Later on today, I'll be heading off to meet my boss for my second ever dose of 'Late and the Tate', which is a special event running at the Tate Britain on the first Friday of each month.
The last one we went to must have been around this time last year, as there was a little garden party with snack food and drinks in the gallery's small garden area. There was also, if I remember correctly, live music... nothing of any great consequence, but a pleasant enough diversion, I suppose. Certainly, the gathering of the young and trendy on the grass were enjoying it all.

I'm wondering what happened to my holiday... I've been away from the office for two weeks, and now it's Friday afternoon of the second week, and I'll be going back to work on Monday. I've accomplished very little (skeletal design for my website update, and TF Movie toy repainting aside) and I'm not even feeling particularly rested. I have a nasty feeling that it'll take me ten minutes to get riled up again, making the whole two-week break a complete waste of time.

I really should have done something. I kept thinking about day trips and the like, but I'm so fried because of work that I'm completely apathetic outside work, and can't be bothered to do anything under my own steam.

No comments: