Sunday 19 August 2007

Under the weather... again

Dunno what it is about this unseasonable weather, but it always seems to get me headachy and depressed. I've had a nagging pain in my head for most of the day, and been feeling almost sick for the last couple of hours. Really not nice.

Which pretty much sums up the day.

I received the latest edition of Master Collector/TFCC Newsletter on Friday and, in common with the last couple of issues, there's a big ad for TF Movie toys... only this one is a DPS (that's Double-Page Spread for those who haven't spent the last fourteen years working in the Print and Publishing industries) for Ultimate Bumblebee, the $80/£80 partially animatronic figure with lots of lights and sounds. Funnily enough, while it's partially mistransformed in the box, the ad shows it properly transformed... and it looks far better for it. Still, if you ask me, the Camaro front end still sits too far down his chest, making him look overly stocky on top, compared to his rather short and spindly legs.

Frankly, I'm still rather tempted by him... despite his many obvious flaws. There's just no way I can see myself paying £80 for him.

I had an idea for a sketch... or, more accurately, part of a sketch that would eventually lead into my websites TF Collection pages. I'm thinking I'll sketch each item separately, then bring them together in Photoshop or Paintshop Pro to make the final image.

In other interesting news, I recently had another one of my strange 'conversations' with a couple of characters from my fiction. Not the usual two... two that I haven't heard from in several years. Quite a fun conversation, and one which would be reasonably easy to slot into an appropriate story.

No comments: