Friday 27 July 2007

Halfway through the holiday

It's the end of the first week of my holiday, and I've barely set foot outside the house. I'd like that to change next week, so I'm considering looking into daytrips or, at the very least, some shopping outside my normal spheres. Popping down to Kingston to browse at The Entertainer, grab a milkshake at Shakeaway, and then pop around the other shops sounds like a good start.

Today seems bright and sunny compared to the rest of the week. Not to mention dry. The sky started out quite clear but, thanks to the very strong winds still blowing around, it soon clouded over. Not completely overcast by a long shot, and it's largely white cloud rather than the ominous grey of the last few days. Still, it's cloudy enough for me to think it's probably not worth trying to get up to date photos of the new additions to my collection.

Speaking of which, not long after I sent an email to the TransFormers Collectors' Club equiring after tracking numbers for the parcels I'm expecting from them, the first of them actually arrived. This year's membership figure, Breakaway, carries on the use of transparent red and blue plastic (actually transparent red and grey, with opaque blue), but uses the jet mold from Energon Superion/Superion Maximus. It's a great mold, looking suitably sleek in vehicle mode and very poseable in robot mode. The only letdowns are the awkward weapons (are they rifles? are they tonfa?) and the utterly bizarre limb mode, which convinces as neither arm nor leg.

Still, makes one wonder what the fourth and final limb will be... So far, they've all been from either Superion or Bruticus, meaning the last will either follow the pattern and be the helicopter mold from Bruticus, or baffle everyone by being one of the Energon Constructicons. Either way, there are three whole possibilities for the fifth figure - the torso - but I'm leaning towards the jet for the time being. It'd be really cool if it turns out the be the body from Bruticus, as that's the only combiner set I didn't track down. Either would make sense... whereas the giant digger most certainly would not.

Woke up today with a slightly dodgy stomach and, while the worst of it seems to have passed (so to speak), I'm still getting the odd twinge. Kind of annoying, as I'll be heading off out in just over an hour, for an evening if utter debauchery... I'd really rather it wasn't spoilt by a gippy tummy.

No comments: