Sunday 8 June 2008

Lazy days

When it comes to doing things while on holiday, I think I'm getting worse... I hadn't really set out to do anything with this last week off work (probably my first mistake) but, having determined that there were a few things I could do, I managed not to do most of them.

Not least all these photos I've taken of my BotCon eBay wins... Some have made it into my Photobucket account, but none have appeared in here yet. Nor have I added them to my website. I started updating some pages, but gave up because it became tiresome. I really need to revamp my website, but it will be a mammoth task and, frankly, I just can't be bothered right now.

I had another cool story idea, but failed to make a start on writing it up after I came up with the perfect opening paragraph and then forgot it entirely before being able to write it down (note to self: ALWAYS carry a notepad and pen... or charge up that blasted palmtop and start using that again).

On the upside, I'm feeling pretty well rested, and possibly even ready to tackle the office.

Today, I popped uptown with my boss (having met her at the office because she had to resend a page from Friday's magazine) to photograph her plushie Boo (see Megatokyo) at various touristy locations. We didn't do half of what we'd planned because things aren't open long on a Sunday and both of us ended up feeling too lazy to do much wandering around in the bright sunshine we had today. There will be other opportunities, though, and she's resolved to start a website documenting Boo's travels. It's going to be fun to see that take shape.

No comments: