Monday 23 June 2008

Signs of a turning tide?

I heard some most interesting news today. Our beloved MD may be in some trouble... or, at least, may soon be.

Hot on the heels of the trouble he had getting rid of two copy controllers (both through shenanigens of one form or another), some other recent departees are coming back to haunt him.

One is refusing to speak to him at all, except to say "speak to my solicitor", and the other is asking the very pertinent question "if my job is being made redundant, why are there still two people with the same job title working there?"

I had to laugh, even though I know it was an unkind thing to do.

All this I learned after the announcement that he was paying for our whole department to pop off to Chessington World of Adventure next Wednesday (it's a down-week, so we're not skipping any deadlines). Certainly, he'll try to spin it that it was all his idea, and his way of thanking our department for all our sterling work. Of course, it wasn't his idea, and he may well be in too much hot water for this to make much difference... Only time will tell.

No comments: