Friday 1 January 2010

Status Update

Figured I might as well try to get the new PC up and running on the interwebs... if only so I can properly install the Penny Arcade game, try out such delights as the updated Sam & Max, and ensure I'm running the most up to date version of Neverwinter Nights...

Sadly, while my bands are broad, my creaky old BT ADSL modem doesn't like Windows 7. Being fair, every version after 98 warned me that the drivers were not certified for use with them, so it's not a big surprise.

What is surprising is that I have the latest drivers - dated 2002.

Surely there must be newer drivers somewhere?


Of course, it turns out that it's not just the drivers that aren't W7 savvy - just checked BT's Voyager modem site, and it seems the hardware is not W7 compatible. Great.

If it weren't for that, my second post of 2010 would have been made from the new machine, rather than the creaky old laptop. Oh well.

Today was sunny and clear, so I'm hoping to lark about with the telescope once it gets dark enough. More news as it develops...

No comments: