Sunday 17 January 2010

A Break in the Clouds

Quite literally, in fact.

After a couple of weeks of almost entirely overcast skies, this morning was bright, clear, and almost warm. Hell, I even switched the heating back to timer, having had it on permanently since before Christmas, and even managed to do a bit more photography, having brought more of my toys over from the house yesterday.

The visit to my folks wasn't exactly planned - probably should have been, but I'm terrible like that - it came about through necessity. The zip on my fleece broke somehow over the last week so, on the day I needed it, the zipper shredded the zip teeth as it fastened them. Thankfully, my mother offered to replace the zip, and had it ready yesterday.

I've picked up a cold, as wasn't feeling particularly great in the morning, so I suggested popping over for dinner. It's still very weird going over there - even when I haven't spoken to my folks on the phone, we don't tend to chat much unless I bring up the subject of my niece, or my roof. Even work tends to be a limited subject, no matter how weird it gets, because it's so unlike anything they know.

Kinda reminds me why I want to get out... Quick...
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: