Wednesday 22 June 2011

Spoke Too Soon

When I said yesterday's scalding incident wasn't serious, I probably should have kept an eye on my fingers for a little longer. Before I went to bed, the burn on my index finger had started to balloon, and it's even more noticeable today...
Photobucket
From around 9am

Photobucket
From around 2.30pm

I'm pretty sure the blistering barely changed overnight, but over the space of about five and a half hours, while I've been pottering about, the index finger blister has filled completely, while the tiny one on my middle finger has faded. My index finger is quite uncomfortable, and typing is a little irritating... but it could have been a lot worse.

And, let's face it, I've had only a couple of self-inflicted burns in my entire life, and only a couple inflicted upon me, all minor. The two that were my fault were molten sulpher in GCSE Chemistry (so, about 20-25 years ago) and this one (chocolate sauce, fresh from the microwave)... and that probably says a whole lot about me. The two that were not my fault were an accident in my A-Level Chemistry Practical exam (the teacher/invigilator decided to interfere, and moved my Bunsen burner just at the wrong moment, but it only resulted in the loss of some hair from my hand) and a deliberate act with a cigarette by a former colleague (while out clubbing - he didn't actually intend to burn me, but he was holding the cigarette a bit too close to the back of my neck). That says more about those responsible, I guess...

No comments: