Tuesday 28 June 2011

Muggy

The weather in my Birthday month tends to be pretty grim. In fact, it's a very unusual year when it doesn't rain on the day. Yesterday was about the first properly summery day this month, while today is overcast, and frequently showery.

Some of those showers have been quite heavy, though all of them have been mercifully brief. In between showers, I have managed to empty my bins and complete my restocking (mostly) but, for the most part, I've been wanting to stay indoors, despite the heat and humidity.

I'm not sure whether it's me, or just the buildings I've inhabited, but the interiors always seem to be hotter than the exteriors on a hot day, and colder than the exteriors on a cold day. I'm sure there's some scientific formula to explain this phenomenon, but it's a real pest...

My burn is progressing nicely... if that's the right word. Having stuck a plaster over it to keep it safe while I slept, I removed the plaster this morning to find it had stuck to the wound. As I peeled it off, the damned thing started bleeding - which is the one thing it hadn't done up until this morning. I'm also finding that index finger isn't as flexible as the rest... and I'm hoping that's just because of the state the wound is in... if it heals up and I'm still not as flexible, it could get troublesome...

No comments: